Sunday 14 June 2009

London Street Style...The Man-Clutch

I wondered what the term for a man-clutch was...the mutch? Then I stumbled across the beautiful photographic blog We Could Grow Up Together and learnt that the male purse is called a Murse! It made me giggle. Like Mandles. That term really cracks me up.

Anyway, I love the little story behind this purse. It is a women's vintage purse by a Spanish label where he used to be a designer. He found it tucked away in a vintage store in Spain....inside the purse is a small scarf/handkerchief also by the label. I adore that he has given the purse a new lease of life and it will have new manly adventures out and about in London. Long live the man-clutch :)

10 comments:

  1. I love his attire, were his shoes as lovable? Very handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhianna- Yes! He was a very stylish man- dark slim jeans and a black pair of lace-ups. I think the jacket may have been from Zara- which is kind of cool since he is Spanish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - but how do you fit a Nikon in that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't sound like a good idea on paper (or page) but this really works on him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Vanessa because the beautiful things you write about my bag. Actually is from Elio Berhanyer, a lovely man and label where i grow up like designer.
    Lot of kisses.
    Daniel Cerdán
    www.danielcerdan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit, clutch and photograph, but have to express my disdain for the cultural phenomenom of renaming traditionally feminine garments/accessories so that they appear more suitable for men.

    I know...it can be quite cute to hear words like "murse" and "mouse" (man-blouse (a fake example, but equally funny)), but I think we do a great disservice to the piece and the person wearing it when we attempt to find ways of making it "acceptable" for men. Let a clutch be just that--not more, not less.

    By following these social constucts, we make it easier to put men and women into unneccesary categories, when the truth is, the actual garment/accessory says more about a person than the name ever could.

    Humble Two Cents,
    PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah, mutch!!
    It works on him and he's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MURSE!! Brilliant. May have to borrow that one and give you the credit for it ; )

    Another superb photograph and he's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha yes, my husband loves his murse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What brand is this clutchbag?

    ReplyDelete